This update was released on February 16, 2016. Read the official news post.The changes are as follows:
- Fixed Farm Description being cut off in Building Popup.
- Constructor’s Hut LOD fixed.
- Constructed buildings no longer disappear underground.
- Fixed an issue with nuggets going idle after mating. This might look like a feature, but it is really a bug...
- Fixed Nuggets getting stuck on game startup while leaving epicenter
- Canceling the placement of a building no longer marks that area as occupied
- Builders no longer take too many resources to build site
- Birds are now rendered correctly from both orientations(top and bottom)
- Animals no longer disappear
- Numbers fixed in the bottom bar of the main UI
- Fixed an issue with builders going idle when resuming their work after eating/resting
- Significantly improved the way construction sites and buildings can be selected
- More descriptive job statuses. Job Statuses now include a Nugget’s current task within the description.
- Implemented what we call the “Baby Machine”. Players can now control the Nugget Spawn rate by clicking on the icons on the top left corner of the screen. Fertile females will appear there, and once you click on the icon, they will start reproducing. You can also enable Auto Reproduction, which means that the Nuggets will reproduce without player interaction.
- Basic PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Controller support implemented for PC only (world navigation only)
- New particle effects
- New News messages
- New shader for Nugget skin colors
- New shader for Nugget hair colors
- New shader for Nugget clothing
- New effect for Intervention
- Reworked Wildlife system, including Animals AI
- Implemented Statistics screen. Currently we have wildlife statistics only. Animals count on the planet will depend on different factors in the future, this screen will show the fluctuation of their numbers and what impact your actions will have on the entire system.
- Now construction process mainly depends on 2 factors, how much HP a building has and how strong nuggets are. The strongest are nuggets, the faster a building will be constructed. Also, you can now follow the construction progress through specialized panel.
- “Intervention” for trees and rocks - once player clicks and holds the left mouse button over an object they can pull that object out of the ground. Once holding the object they can launch it at other objects to deal damage or into space/orbit.
- Added a selection box to Planet Tooltip and improved how tooltip info is displayed
- Construction sites can now be selected. Upon selection, an Info panel will be popped, displaying the progress of the construction.
- Reworked priorities panel. Essentially fixing the issue where a nugget becoming an adult or dying would reset pending changes. Each profession now has a set number that indicates how many nuggets will be assigned to that profession. Epicenter will assign the nuggets in a cyclic manner.
- New Priorities Panel
- Creator Power Points Panel
- New warehouse panel
- Mating panel
- Builders Hut panel adjustments
- Gathering hut panel
- Construction site info panel
- Statistics screen
- Hunger Tick Interval changed from 6 to 1
- Hunger Reduction Per Tick changed from 0.01 to 0.0025 (Nugget hunger decreases slower)
- Hunger Recovery Per Tick changed from 0.3 to 1 (Hunger recovers faster)
- Hunger Recovery Food Needed changed from 0.03 to 0.07 (More food needed to recover hunger)
- Min Adult Age Duration changed from 770 to 3600 (Nuggets live much longer. *WIP to compensate for lack of cemeteries)
- Max Adult Age Duration changed from 999 to 4600 (Nuggets live much longer. *WIP to compensate for lack of cemeteries)
- Min Old Age Duration changed from 80 to 10
- Max Old Age Duration changed from 100 to 15
- Nuggets Max Carry Capacity changed from 10 to 3
- Stamina Rest, Recovery Per Tick changed from 3 to 0.5 (Stamina has now decreased slower, but also recovers slower)
- Idle Stamina Decrease Per Tick changed from -0.1 to -0.05
- Default Task Stamina Decrease Per Tick changed from -0.3 to -0.1
- Game Year Duration changed from 1200(20 min) to 1440 (24min)
- Day/Night Cycle Time changed from 560 to 540 (9min)
- The game starts with the initial Wood amount of 15
- The game starts with the initial Food amount of 15
- The game starts with the initial Stone amount of 15
- Stone Hut Construction now costs: 3 Wood, 6 Stone
- Starting strength 5-10 (was 90-100)
- Improved rendering times (mostly in preparation work for what’s due ‘soon’)
- Smoother start-up loading (ongoing work being done here)
- Cleaned up lots of ‘junk’ memory generation (which means less framerate stutter)
- Moved numerous poke-the-harddrive events into the loading step (even less stutter!)
- Redesigned database (easier to tweak & faster access @ runtime too)
- Tweaked the building placement system (less stutter while building)
- New debug-logging system (can now be turned off for extra release performance)
- Significant modifications to pathfinding system (smarter searches in much less time)
- Lowered main camera
- Overhauled Input Back-end (allows for live binding changes when we have a UI for it)
- World Ambient Light Tweaked (softer shadows and less contrast overall)
- Ambient sound tweaks